This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Get answers FAST with the Landscape Architect’s One-Stop,Take-It-Anywhere Guide
In the office or out on the job, the Landscape Architect’s Portable Handbook puts the 20% of information you need 80% of the time at your fingertips! You get instant data for every architectural landscaping project: public and private gardens...athletic facilities...highways...urban/suburban settings...MORE! From project administration, planning, design standards and analysis to site development, construction, materials, field techniques, and common rules of thumb, hundreds of handy tables, diagrams and schematics, checklists and field guides give you the accurate how-to’s and expertise you need – ANYWHERE, ANYTIME! It packs easily in your briefcase, so you can cut down on time-consuming trips and calls between field and office, or get satisfyingly fast facts and guidelines when you’re catching up on work at home. It’s a distillation of the entire profession... and provides the perfect ASLA registration exam review. You get:
* A framework for interpretation, conceptualization, evaluation, and communication at multiple scales, regardless of the type of landscape planning or design project
* Standards, techniques and devices
* Analysis-to-project administration guidelines and checklists
* Step-by-step procedures
* Mechanics and design calculations, formulas, worked examples and models
* 193 clarifying illustrations -- from USDA plant hardiness zones to basic layouts and schematic diagrams...from approval processes flow charts to a CPM bar chart
* 98 quick-check tables let you instantly pinpoint area space standards...tree mortality causes and remedies...recommended live loads for different decking uses and maximum decking spans...irrigation system selection criteria – and much, much more * Scores of easy-to-use, easy-to-remember rules of thumb
* General unit cost factors for materials, systems, and construction
From the broad overall aspects of a project to the smallest detail, find the specific data you need on... Project Management; Permits; Site Selection and Clearing; Grading; Drainage; Decks; Fences; Lighting; Paving; Plants; Ponds; Pools; Retaining Walls; Billing; More
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Answers in the palm of your hand
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT’S PORTABLE HANDBOOK
An unparalleled source of landscape architecture expertise from the most respected names in the field, this unique guide lets you keep useful data always close at hand. Providing a remarkable distillation of the entire profession, Landscape Architect's Portable Handbook gives you instant access to:
* the 20% of the data you need 80% of the time
* field methods, rules of-thumb, standards, codes, and energy guidelines
* scores of handy visual summaries, checklists, and tables
* general unit cost factors for materials, systems, and construction
* analysis-to-project-administration guidelines
* perfect license exam review
REDUCE TRIPS BETWEEN FIELD AND OFFICE
FAST, ACCURATE ANSWERS ANYWHEREAbout the Author:
Nicholas T. Dines, FASLA, is a professor of landscape architecture and former director of the landscape architecture graduate program at the University of Massachusetts where for over 30 years, he has taught courses in site engineering, structures, design studio, design drawing, design theory, and professional practice. He is the co-editor of McGraw-Hill's Time-Saver Standards for Landscape Architecture; co-author of Time-Saver Standards for Landscape Construction Details CD, and its companion publication, Time-Saver Standards Concise Site Construction Details Manual; and author of, Landscape Perspective Drawing. He has over 32 years of professional experience, including a 10-year period of work on residential and recreational design projects in Greece. He currently is conducting research in multi-media applications to both professional and academic design and planning practices, with a special focus on site construction and sustainable design. He has a bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and a MLA degree from Harvard University. His home is in Williamsburg, Massachusetts.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0071344225
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0071344225 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.3011311
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0071344225
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # S-0071344225
Book Description McGraw-Hill, 2001. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 512 pages. 8.25x5.25x1.50 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk0071344225
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education, 2001. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0071344225n