This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
* Containing the full content of the newly revised and updated Seventh Edition, here is the CD-ROM of the world's premier single-volume source of standard architectural data in the English language
* Offers the complete content of the new Seventh Edition in a fully searchable Adobe Acrobat format
* Includes many interactive elements, such as tables, calculations, and spreadsheets
* Provides numerous examples, including international bioclimatic data, cost estimating, and lighting
* Features such enhancements as color photos, icons, and Internet links
* Extensive indexing allows for instant access to any topic
* MAC and PC Compatible
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An important edition of an architectural classic. A ``knowledge guide'--a comprehensive overview of the fundamental knowledge and technology required for exemplary architectural practice. The standard reference for every professional and student in architecture and building construction, this Seventh Edition is completely rewritten and revised with new contributions by over eighty world authorities and specialists. This convenient single volume reflects the essential changes and new knowledge in the field of architecture since the last edition 15 years ago. Part I contains reference articles on fundamentals of architecture and design, including universal and Accessible design, architectural ethics, bioclimatic design, daylighting, environmentally responsible design, indoor air quality, acoustics, construction material technology, intelligently building systems, economics and life cycle costing, specifications, design-build, building commissioning, and building performance evaluation. Part II contains design data on all aspects of architectural design and building construction, including substructure, superstructure, building shell, interiors, and services. This section is formatted according to the Uniformat II classification system, providing a logical way for architects to access information for preliminary design and specification by building component, assembly, and place in the system of contruction. The Appendix includes tables and references, classic reference articles from former editions of Time-Saver Standards, and an introduction and complete reference to metrification and SI units of measurement.About the Author:
Donald Watson, FAIA, NCARB, is a well-known architect, author and educator and the editor-in-chief of Time-Saver Standards for Architectural Design Data, 7th Edition. He is Professor of Architecture and former Dean at the School of Architecture, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want