* The defining book for physicians and other health care workers practicing outside the US
* Provides guidelines for evaluating community needs, implementing preventive medicine, assessing refugee health situations, and dealing with the impact of cultural issues
* Also includes walk-throughs of common emergent situations including infectious disease and trauma management, and discusses travel preparaiton and clinic set-up
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Rapid economic and urban growth in countries around the world has spawned an urgent need for the immediate delivery of effective emergency care. Emergent Field Medicine is the definitive answer to this need, offering models, methods, and leading-edge analysis to health care professionals working in medically underserved and developing regions. This landmark text brings you a complete program for defining and delivering emergency health care any place in the world.
Based on the experience, research, and knowledge of the internationally respected expert authors, Emergent Field Medicine provides need-to-know information on establishing medical and surgical emergency programs, even in areas where there have previously been no doctors. This thorough and indispensable guidebook features:
* Never-before-available expert blueprints for building emergency care programs in medically underserved areas of the world
* Prioritizing guidelines that ease stress on health care workers and simplify decision-making
* Effective, efficient suggestions for the best use of resources
* Strategies for tailoring emergency care to local needs, cultures, climates, and special circumstances such as refugee situations
* Step-by-step plans for upgrading existing emergency programs
* Specific help with a wide range of emergencies from trauma to women¿s issues and dental problems
* Practical guidance on meeting needs from public health education to assessing nutrition and establishing a field laboratory
Michael VanRooyen, MD, MPH, Director of the Center for International Emergency Medicine Studies, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland. Thomas Kirsch, MD, MPH, Vicre President and Medical Director, Doctors Community Healthcare Corporations, Scottsdale, Arizona. Kathleen Clem, MD, Director of the Center for International Emergency Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California. James Holliman, MD, Associate Residency Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Milton Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071351426 New. Looks like an interesting title, learn more! We provide domestic tracking upon request. We provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # S-0071351426
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071351426