This is the first book in a two-volume set.
Along with a strong focus on patient care the new Hurst's THE HEART includes a new look and organization. Each chapter has been systematically overhauled with an emphasis on streamlining the content for a focused presentation of the LATEST THERAPEUTIC STRATEGIES and the EVIDENCE-BASED DATA that support them. CLINICAL GUIDELINES are included to equip you with the critical information for optimal patient care in an increasingly time-pressured, cost/benefit environment.
WHAT'S NEW in the Tenth Edition
* Expanded coverage of molecular biology of blood vessels and myocardium
* More information on testing modalities--especially those related to nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging, MRI and PET
* New emphasis on managing heart failure, including interventional techniques and new drug therapy strategies
* Additional chapters on the biology of coronary heart disease
* Expanded sections related to prevention, diagnosis and treatment
* More emphasis on integrating the science of cardiac care with treatment
* Easy-to-reference, evidence-based practice guidelines where appropriate
* New insight on the human genome project and its implications
* Techniques for clinical evaluation of the patient
* Late-breaking reports on clinical trials
* Heart disease in diabetics
* New sections on nonsurgical interventions in cardial and peripheral vascular disease
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* 1 year subscription to Hurst's THE HEART
ONLINE-fast access to
* Extensive coverage of every aspect of cardiovascular disease
* Indispensable UPDATES for THERAPY and CLINICAL TRIALS plus AccessMedicine News
* CONCISE REVIEWS and EDITORIALS
* DRUG DATABASE
* ADVANCED SEARCH capability and QUICK LINKS to ONLINE RESOURCES
* WELL ILLUSTRATED - 110 color plates of ultrasounds, 3-D images of heart anatomy, normal and diseased heart images
* FAST AND DEEP SEARCHES - A powerful engine for locating precise information
* ENHANCED NAVIGATION - Scrolling menus and robust cross-referencing for your convenience
ENCYCLOPEDIC COVERAGE of CARDIOLOGY
* A CONVENIENT DESK REFERENCE in PRINT and ONLINE
* FAST ACCESS to CARDIOLOGY when you need it most
* Must-have UPDATES and CLINICAL TRIALS on your desktop
* ADVANCED SEARCH capability and BOOKMARK options
* LEADING contributors offer the most relevant findings
The most comprehensive database of cardiology in the world!
If you don't own the 10th edition of Hurst's THE HEART, this is why you should:
In order to navigate cardiology's rough terrain, today's physician needs reliable and current resources to effectively manage patients. The Hurst editorial board and contributors have developed the most comprehensive and reliable tool for optimal patient care.
* Follow hot topics such as DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING, THE HUMAN GENOME, and INTERVENTIONAL TECHNIQUES as well AS NEW DRUG THERAPIES, PRACTICE GUIDELINES
"This is the first cardiovascular textbook that comes with an Internet subscription allowing access to up-to-date information. It also allows access to a very complex text when one is searching out a particular point." "5 stars"
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 10th. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071356959
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 71356959