Reveals what leading experts have recently discovered about cancers caused by DNA alterations!
The second edition of THE GENETICS OF CANCER, newly titled THE GENETIC BASIS OF HUMAN CANCERS, updates and informs on the most recent progress in genetic cancer research and its impact on patient care. With contributions by the foremost authorities in the field, this fascinating new edition reports on how to understand and predict tumor development - information that can enhance decision-making and advance genetic research.
2ND Edition Highlights
* Peutz-Jeghers syndrome
* Juvenile polyposis syndrome
* Tumor genome instability
* Gene expression profiling in cancer
* Pilomatricoma and pilomatrix carcinoma
* Hereditary paragangliomas of the head and neck
* Familial cardiac myxomas and carney complex
* Cancers of the oral cavity and pharynx
* Genetic abnormalities in lymphoid malignancies
* Every chapter has been meticulously reviewed and revised to incorporate the most recent research and clinical findings
* Includes a valuable introduction by renowned editors Vogelstein & Kinser
* Features 150 MORE illustrations than the previous edition
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
BERT VOGELSTEIN, MD, Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Clayton Professor of Oncology and Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland KENNETH W. KINZLER, PhD, Professor of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071370501
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0071370501 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.1029965
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071370501
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 71370501