This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This state-of-the-art resource draws upon the accumulated wisdom of a carefully chosen team of internationally recognized experts selected for their extensive experience in the essential aspects of water supply systems. This industry “who’s who” covers everything from the historical perspectives of urban water supply to planning, safety and security – an especially timely and crucial issue, management, performance indicators, operation, pricing, maintenance, and public-private partnerships. The author includes informative case studies for valuable “real world” perspective.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
2002 Association of American Publisher's PSP Award for Excellence in Professional/Scholarly PublishingFrom the Back Cover:
THE FIRST BOOK TO OFFER ALL-INCLUSIVE, WIDE-SPECTRUM COVERAGE OF URBAN WATER INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEMS
This state-of-the art resource draws upon the accumulated wisdom of a carefully chosen team of internationally recognized experts selected for their extensive experience in the essential aspects of water supply systems. You’ll find authoritative, detailed coverage of:
* Historical perspectives of urban water supply
* Strategic planning for small water systems
* Security analysis
* Integrated management and water use management
* Performance indicators for management support
* Outsourcing and public-private partnerships
* Optimal operation
* GIS applied to water supply systems
* Water pricing and drought management
* Water demand analysis
* Urban water infrastructure in the desert
* Regional water supply planning models
* Intrusion susceptibility using GIS
* Reliability/availability analysis of distribution systems
* Maintenance, reliability, and replacement scheduling
* Adaptive management for water supply planning
Complete with informative case studies, the Urban Water Supply Handbook will prove to be an invaluable resource for consulting engineers, public works engineers and administrators, municipal engineers, and water managers worldwide involved with urban water systems.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0071371605
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0071371605 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.3072701