Already the number one text on health policy and rapidly becoming a classic, Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach 3E covers such fundamental topics as cost containment, health insurance, managed care, and physician and hospital payment. Extensive case histories, drawn from the authors' actual practice, bring to life important policy issues by pinpointing individual encounters within the healthcare system.
New to this Edition
* More information on 2-tier model of reimbursement
* Greater emphasis on defined contribution approach to controlling costs
* Includes comparative information on health care policy in Canada, the UK, and Germany
* "Questions & Discussion Topics" provided for each chapter to stimulate classroom discussion
Please consider this important new edition for your course. Your students will gain an engaging text, that according to a review by the Journal of Health, Politics, Policy, and Law of the prior edition, "goes a long way toward helping readers understand how the health care system has worked in the past, how it is changing, and how it might work under different scenarios in the future."
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"This highly readable text gives a broad but detailed picture of how health care is organized and dispensed in the United States. It considers the problems of, and possible solutions for, cost control, long-term care, quality control, ethical issues, and insurance programs. Clinicians are likely to find the text attractive because of its supportive flowcharts and its frequent use of specific, concrete examples."
Annals of Internal Medicine *
"Well documented and highly readable."
National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Facilities Newsletter *
"One of the more interesting, readable texts in health policy to appear in recent years."
American Journal of Health System Pharmacy *
"The title doesn't do the book justice. It's not only about health care policy and its implications, it's about the health care system, applied to highly clinically relevant situations . . . it provides an unobstructed view of the complicated health care system."
"Goes a long way toward helping readers understand how the health care system worked in the past, how it is changing, and how it might work under different scenarios in the future."
Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law *
The leading text in the field, Understanding Health Policy covers fundamental topics such as cost containment, health insurance, managed care, and physician and hospital payment. The authors bring to life important policy issues by providing extensive case histories that pinpoint individual encounters within the health care system.
* Updated throughout to reflect recent changes in insurance coverage, health care expenditures, and health care organization
* Expanded to include discussion of the defined contribution approach to cost control, medical errors, and new approaches to quality improvement and the uncertain future facing managed care
* Extensive case histories
* Brand new chapter on the Health Care Work Force, including sections on physicians, registered nurses, advanced practice nurses, and pharmacists and on women and minorities in the health professions
* Includes "Questions and Discussion Topics" for classroom or individual study
*Of earlier editionAbout the Author:
Thomas S. Bodenheimer, MD, MPH, University of California, San Francisco Kevin Grumbach, MD, University of California, San Francisco
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand new copy. Ships fast secure, expedited available!. Bookseller Inventory # 3UBDHI00022O
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3rd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071378154
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0071378154BNA
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713781541.0
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071378154
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071378154 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0026727