The Telecom companies are looking to converged services to replace the lost revenue they used to get from long distance and simple access charges. APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) are the crucial tool used for creating these services.
* Detailed coverage of JAIN (Java Integrated Networks) and Parlay, the first open APIs released
* Provides software basics for telecom professionals
* Thoroughly details object-oriented environments
* Endorsed by the creators of JAIN and parlay
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A NEW GENERATION OF CONVERGENT NETWORK SERVICES IS BEGINNING.
THIS GUIDE SHOWS YOU HOW TO NAVIGATE THE RAPIDS OF EMERGING PROTOCOLS AND APIs THAT MAKE IT POSSIBLE!
Innovative services that combine Internet and telecom capabilities are just starting to appear, built on a growing body of protocols and application programming interfaces (APIs) that blur the lines between voice and data networks. Unfortunately, at a time when clear information is desperately needed, the professional or manager has had only a web of complex and widely scattered standards documents to rely on.
APIs and Protocols for Convergent Network Services is the first book to provide a detailed roadmap to the intricate landscape of new and emerging convergent network protocols and APIs. Invaluable to service developers, IT applications developers, software vendors, and communication equipment vendors, APIs and Protocols for Convergent Network Services offers:
* A concise introduction to software for telecom professionals and managers unfamiliar with object technology and Java
* An examination of the technology that will knit together next-generation networks: XML, distributed objects, and directories
* A broad discussion of IP Telephony protocols
* A comprehensive overview of SIP and PINT
* Detailed descriptions of the most important open APIs for convergent network services, including JTAPI, JAIN, and Parlay
* Summaries that simplify and clarify the business propositionreadable at the manager level
HERE IS CLEAR AND DETAILED COVERAGE OF APIs AND PROTOCOLS YOU CANNOT FIND ANYWHERE ELSE-WRITTEN BY A PROFESSIONAL ON THE FRONTLINES OF CONVERGENCEAbout the Author:
STEVE MUELLER is Lead Member of Technical Staff for SBC Technology Resources, Inc., the applied research subsidiary of SBC Communications, Inc. He has more than fifteen years hands-on experience analyzing and programming communication network services.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 007138880X Brand NEW Book - Possibly slight shelf-wear. Bookseller Inventory # Z007138880XZN
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 007138880X
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX007138880X
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 007138880XBNA
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 007138880X BRAND NEW NEVER USED IN STOCK 125,000+ HAPPY CUSTOMERS SHIP EVERY DAY WITH FREE TRACKING NUMBER. Bookseller Inventory # 007138880X-OS
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713888011.0
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional 01/01/2002, 2002. Book Condition: NEW. - Brand new item sourced directly from publisher. Packed securely in tight packaging to ensure no damage. Shipped from warehouse on same/next day basis. Bookseller Inventory # 1111-9780071388801
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P11007138880X
Book Description The McGraw-Hill Company. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 4686118