This text aims to provide everything necessary to successfully deploy video-conferencing in a meeting, training or conference environment. Key features include: benefits versus liabilities of video conferences; purchasing / renting / using key components and equipment; and key technologies - streaming media, web conferencing, IP multicasting and LAN capacity. The author demonstrates how to successfully adopt video-conferencing for any business application. Starting with a look at what video-conferencing is actually good for - and where it falls short - he explains baseline technologies, equipment issues, network compliance issues, standard and regulation effects, and quality of service. The accompanying CD-ROM provides sample video streams of different products, technologies and sampling rates demonstrating the differences between web, private, IP (Internet Protocol), dedicated line and ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) video services. This book and CD-ROM should be of interest to: technology and network managers; IT personnel; technicians; and managers.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
ON THE CD-ROM--
* See examples of videoconferencing from top products and technologies that demonstrate different sampling rates
* Color illustrations to augment the book's black and white illustrations
HASSLE-FREE VIDEOCONFERENCING--MAKING VIDEO SERVICES WORK
In classic Demystified style, expert Steven Shepard unpacks videoconferencing technology and shows you how to bring it to any business. Just as importantly, he makes it plain what the technologies are good for and where they fall short.
YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK IF--
* Your travel budget is down, and so is employees' yearning to fly
* Distance learning, virtual meetings, and videoconferences are looking more and more appealing
* There are rent-or-buy or product choice decisions to be made
* Sample video streams, independent product evaluations, and expert insights could help you make your choices
* Your firm is sizing up videoconferencing, and your middle name is "deployment"
* You want to know about LAN capacity, IP multicasting, and Web conferencing
* You need answers on baseline technologies, equipment issues, network compliance, regulations, standards, and QoS
* A failed system is not an option
* Investing in a business with an exponential growth rate has its appeal (and you want to know where it's best to put your money)
* You have an unquenchable curiosity about new communications technologies and how they work
Videoconferencing has come of age. Viable technologies, workable economics, and surging demand for virtual meetings have fueled 300% growth in a single quarter. This book shows you how to bring videoconferencing benefits to your business.About the Author:
Steven Shepard is a professional writer and educator specializing in international telecommunications. He is the author of four well-received books: Telecommunications Convergence, SONET/SDH Demystified, Optical Networking Crash Course, and Telecom Crash Course. Formerly with Hill Associates, now President of the Shepard Communications Group, he conducts seminars and workshops on telecom topics around the country. He lives in Williston, Vermont.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071400850
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714008551.0
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-003-05-8497008