* Covers clamping devices, welding fixtures, drilling jigs, milling fixtures, inspection devices, and more.
* Includes shop setup techniques and cost estimating.
* Discusses the basic principles of tool design
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"?Technically sound and very well organized. The drawings are of high quality and the draftmanship is excellent. The illustrations are first class and are reproduced with an attractive arrangement throughout the text. The bibliography is very impressive... --. Robert O. Parmley, P.E., Morgan and Parmley, Ltd..
. EXPERT, PRACTICAL ADVICE ON THE SELECTION, DESIGN, . AND MANUFACTURE OF JIGS AND FIXTURES.
. Written for designers, machinists, and manufacturing engineers, this information-dense, quick-reference guide bridges the gap between academic theory and industrial practice and delivers: . .
* Detailed advice on how to choose the best jig or fixture to achieve a specific result.
* Thorough discussion of the basic principles of tool design.
* Practical tips for shop setup.
* Rules of thumb for estimating procedures.
* Guidelines on surface grinding layouts.
* Checkpoints to avoid common errors in design.
* Important standards for jigs, fixtures, and material usage.
* Time-saving component drawings and reference tables.
. Covering clamping devices, welding fixtures, drilling jigs, milling fixtures, inspection devices, and more, Jigs and Fixtures Design Manual includes ?mini review? summaries at the end of each chapter and practice tests to reinforce learning..About the Author:
P. H. Joshi has been Chief Designer at Crompton Greaves and Design Manager at Arco Whitney and Z.F. Steering. He also has extensive academic experience teaching jigs and fixtures, machine tools, and machine design. .
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! L. Bookseller Inventory # 0071405569D