Derived from the content of the respected McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, each title provides thousands of definitions of words and phrases encountered in a specific discipline. All include:
* Pronunciation guide for every term
* Acronyms, cross-references, and abbreviations
* Appendices with conversion tables; listings of scientific, technical, and mathematical notation; tables of relevant data; and more
* A convenient, quick-find format
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you’re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of astronomy or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Astronomy, Second Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 3600 entries that fully define the language of astronomy
* Includes hundreds of synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers such topics as planets, stars, constellations, galaxies, comets, asteroids, nebulae, and astrophysics, as well as aerospace engineering
* Includes appendices containing listings of planets, satellites, asteroids, meteor showers, constellations, stars, galaxies, telescopes, and more
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Astronomy, Second Edition offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.About the Author:
Compiled by The Editorial Staff of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology (New York City), one of the most skilled, experienced, and innovative teams in the field of scientific publishing.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071410473
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071410473
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-132-37-7717007
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714104721.0