Derived from the content of the respected McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, each title provides thousands of definitions of words and phrases encountered in a specific discipline. All include:
* Pronunciation guide for every term
* Acronyms, cross-references, and abbreviations
* Appendices with conversion tables; listings of scientific, technical, and mathematical notation; tables of relevant data; and more
* A convenient, quick-find format
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
THE LANGUAGE OF PHYSICS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you’re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of physics or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Physics, Third Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 9,500 entries that fully define the language of physics
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers such topics as atomic, nuclear, particle, plasma, and solid-state physics; and fluid, quantum statistical, and general mechanics; as well as acoustics, optics, relativity, spectroscopy, and thermodynamics
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Physics, Third Edition offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.About the Author:
Compiled by The Editorial Staff of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology (New York City), one of the most skilled, experienced, and innovative teams in the field of scientific publishing.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Softcover. Book Condition: New. 3rd edition. Brand NEW, Paperback International Edition. Black & White or color, Cover and ISBN may be different but similar contents as US editions. Standard delivery takes 3-6 business days by USPS/UPS/Fedex with tracking number. Choose expedited shipping for superfast delivery 2-4 business days. We do not ship to PO Box addresses. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada etc. printed only to discourage U.S. students from obtaining an affordable copy. Legal to use despite any disclaimer on cover as per US court. No access code or CD included unless specified. In some instances, the international textbooks may have different exercises at the end of the chapters. Printed in English. 100% Customer satisfaction guaranteed! Please feel free to contact us for any queries. Bookseller Inventory # LBDUS61460855
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071410481
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071410481