* The most widely used science reference of its kind
* More than 7,000 concise articles covering more than 90 disciplines of science and technology, all in one volume
* Based on the content of the world-respected McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 9th Edition
* More than 1600 two-color illustrations
* Features numerous cross-referenences, an extensive index, and bibliographies
* Appendix with biographical listings of important scientists, listings of scientific symbols and units, mathematical notations, fundamental concepts, and more
* Extensively updated with 1500 new and rewritten articles
* Includes coverage of the hottest areas of science and technology, including biomedical science, chemistry, cosmology, information science, environmental science, nanotechnology, and theoretical physics
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Thoroughly revised and updated, this new edition is based on the content of the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, Ninth Edition, the most widely used science reference of its kind. Readers will find concise, authoritative, and up-to-date articles on every major field of science and technology -- by authors at the forefront of their fields and including numerous Nobel Prize winners.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to students and general readers, yet with sufficient depth for scientists, educators, and researchers, this definitive resource provides:
Carefully reviewed for clarity and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Science & Technology offers a breadth of coverage and standard of excellence unavailable in any other single volume reference.
FIELDS COVERED INCLUDE:
Medicine and pathology
The McGraw-Hill Editorial Staff, based in New York City, also edits the renowned McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, now in its ninth edition, and is one of the most skilled, experienced and respected editorial teams in the field of scientific publishing.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 5. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071429573
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0071429573 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0027396
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071429573
Book Description The McGraw-Hill Company. Book Condition: New. pp. xi + 2651. Bookseller Inventory # 7630805
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714295731.0