The most comprehensive book on therapeutic modalities
A Doody's Core Title!
Provides a theoretically based but practically oriented guide to the use of therapeutic modalities. Perfect for the required course in the Physical Therapy curriculum or as a clinical reference, the text features extensive use of case studies, laboratory activities, and a renown illustration program.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
THERAPEUTIC MODALITIES IN REHABILITATION
William E. Prentice, PhD, PT, ATC
Covering everything from electrotherapies through spinal traction, this well-illustrated text brings you the most comprehensive coverage of treatment modalities available to the therapist.
• Perfect for students and practitioners who need expert guidance in understanding and applying the broad range of available therapies
• Comprehensive coverage of treatment options, with accompanying laboratory exercises for each modality, plus expert practical application guidance, extensive illustrations, evidence-based reporting on results, and a wealth of tools that make learning easier
Therapeutic Modalities in Rehabilitation has the most comprehensive, authoritative, and up-to-date coverage available in a textbook.
This book features:
• Practical, expert guidance on all leading modalities
• Theoretically based but practically oriented
• Evidence-based concepts, principles, and theories
• Laboratory exercises accompanying each chapter help guide setup and application of modalities
• Case studies show how a modality can be applied to a specific patient
• Coverage of modalities, including shortwave and microwave diathermy, iontophoresis, ultraviolet therapy, infrared, intermittent compression devices, and therapeutic massage
• Critically-praised chapters on pain management and the healing process
• Indicates the physiologic effects and benefits of each modality
• Highlighted treatment tips
• A variety of learning tools, including chapter objectives, definitions in text margins, and review questions at the end of each chapter
• Helpful appendices with illustrated locations of motor points, equipment manufacturers’ and distributors’ addresses, and units of measurement
NEW IN THE THIRD EDITION
• Chapter on Wound Healing
• Chapter on Electrodiagnostic Testing
• Chapter on Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
• Added Coverage of Geriatric and Neurologic Populations
About the Author
William E. Prentice, Ph.D., PT, ATC, is a Professor of Exercise and Sport Science and Coordinator of the Sports Medicine Specialization at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
About the Author:
William E. Prentice, PhD PT ATC, is Professor and Coordinator of the Sports Medicine Program; Clinical Professor, Division of Physical Therapy, Department of Medical Allied Professions; Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedics, School of Medicine. He is at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 3. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071441239
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071441239
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071441239
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0071441239 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0027593
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714412301.0