American History 2 (After 1865) - Softcover Student Edition with CD-ROM (American History II)
American History 1 covers America's story from its beginning through the end of the Civil War.
American History 2 begins with Reconstruction and the assassination of President Lincoln, and continues through the modern era.
The 20 chapters in each book provide information about American history from economic, geographic, political, religious, technological, social, and cultural perspectives.
- Incorporates the NCSS high school thematic strands
- Audio and Interactive activities – On the student CD-ROM, full audio and interactive activities help the student better comprehend the material, improving their ability to read in the content areas.
- Reading support – There is extensive attention paid to helping students improve their reading ability. The readability is controlled throughout the program.
- ELL support – Specific activities target the needs of the second language student
- Usability – The program is designed to be simple for teachers and students to use. The PDF form of all Teacher CD content makes it easy to print materials as needed.
- Engaging content - Our series is replete with illustrations, maps, photos and timelines.
- Value – The program offers a complete, four color social studies curriculum at a very competitive price.
- Flexibility – the program can be used by a variety of student types, including Adult Ed students.
- Engaging four-color design
- Unit openers with timelines and discussion questions
- Pre-reading strategies and introduction activities
- Reading and vocabulary support
- Small-group activities
- Writing activities
- Primary source documents
- Chapter summaries with review questions
- End of chapter skill builder
- PDF of entire student book
- Audio narration of student text
- Spanish narration of key chapter and lesson concepts
- Spanish audio activity for each chapter
- Four interactive games per chapter
- Student presentation builder
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.