New Page 1The American Journey Reconstruction to the Present is the last half of The American Journey and begins in 1864 (Unit 6). There is a two chapter review Prologue from pre-exploration to Reconstruction. The Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, and the Citizenship Handbook are also included. Paired with The American Republic to 1877, the two books create a seamless two-year scope and sequence for middle school.
Its unparalleled author team, including National Geographic, ensures accuracy in every detail of the narrative, maps, and charts.
• Foldables—student-made three-dimensional graphic organizers—are a unique strategy that helps students read effectively and also can be used as assessment or study tools.
• A Guide to Reading, Reading Checks, and a Summary in every chapter keep students on track as they learn to read for information and process what they’ve read.
• TIME Notebooks allow students to step into the past, learning about everyday life in various periods and the “hot topics” of different eras.
• National Geographic's Geography and History features show students how geography and events intertwine to create the history of a location or nation.
• The program emphasizes skill development—from reading maps to analyzing primary and secondary sources to exploring the connections between history and geography, economics, government, citizenship, and current events.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0078681340