New Page 1
THE AMERICAN JOURNEY
THE COMPLETE STORY OF AMERICAN HISTORY IN ONE COMPREHENSIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAM
The American Journey is a superb, readable presentation of American history, from pre-exploration to the present. Its unparalleled author team, including the National Geographic Society, ensures accuracy in every detail of the narrative, maps, and charts.
Accessible Reading and Reading Strategies Are a Priority
• Exclusive! Foldables—student-made three-dimensional graphic organizers—are a unique strategy that helps students read effectively and also can be used as assessment or study tools.
• A Guide to Reading, Reading Checks, and a Summary in every chapter keep students on track as they learn to read for information and process what they’ve read.
• The extensive use of graphics, maps, and photography creates a visual/verbal approach that appeals to all your students.
Relevance is Part of Every Lesson
• TIME Notebooks allow students to step into the past, learning about everyday life in various periods and the “hot topics” of different eras.
• What Life Was Like and Hands-On History fully engage students in learning and give them an understanding of parallels between earlier generations and their own.
National Geographic Brings its Unequalled Expertise to Every Page
• Brand-new, colorful, easy-to-read maps help students understand the where and why of history.
• Geography and History features show students how geography and events intertwine to create the history of a location or nation.
Continual Practice in Social Studies Skills
• The program emphasizes skill development—from reading maps to analyzing primary and secondary sources to exploring the connections between history and geography, economics, government, citizenship, and current events.
Abundant Opportunities for Students to Demonstrate Proficiency
• The Princeton Review Standardized Test Practice provides systematic, ongoing test preparation. As your students learn, they are simultaneously preparing to demonstrate their knowledge of American history in standardized test formats.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The American Journey is a superb, readable presentation of American history, from pre-exploration to the present. Its unparalleled author team, including the National Geographic Society, ensures accuracy in every detail of the narrative, maps, and charts.About the Author:
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Glencoe/McGraw-Hill. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0078777127 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0037795
Book Description Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0078777127
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0078777127BNA
Book Description Glencoe/McGraw-Hill School Pub Co, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. hardback/online st edition. 1116 pages. 11.00x8.75x1.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0078777127