New Page 1
A NEW, COMPREHENSIVE CIVICS PROGRAM BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF ACTIVE AMERICANS
This inviting new program delivers fully developed content; relevant, engaging features; and a fresh, student-friendly design that appeals to every student in your diverse classroom. To enhance your students’ success in assessment, the content is carefully aligned with state and national standards in Civics and Economics.
Research-Based Reading Strategy
• Exclusive! Reading and Study Skills Foldables?student-made three-dimensional graphic organizers?are a unique strategy that helps students read effectively and also can be used as assessment or study tools. Students of any ability can create Foldables, and as they work with these manipulatives, they are fully involved in learning, studying, and reviewing important concepts.
• Guide to Reading and point-of-use Reading Checks helps students read actively and understand content
Motivating Learning Strategies
• Exclusive! Features from TIME magazine include TIME Political Cartoons, TIME Teens in Action and TIME An Inside Look at…, which engage students and provide real-world reading practice.
• Exclusive! Issues to Debate presents two sides of an issue and involves students in discussion as it sharpens their problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
• Be An Active Citizen is embedded in every lesson and models active involvement in government.
• Landmark Supreme Court Cases chronicle significant cases and show why they are important.
Skills and Assessment
• Skill Builder lessons teach and apply skills used on assessments and in life; practice opportunities ensure student mastery.
• Standardized Test Practice allows students to become familiar with a variety of test formats and questions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Civics Today: Citizenship, Economics, and You meets the content standards for civics and government as outlined by the National Standards for Civics and Government.
Many young citizens are completing their education with little or no sense of civic responsibility. Civics Today: Citizenship, Economics, and You teaches the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective, active citizen. It also encourages an appreciation for the American political system. It will foster a willingness to take part in American democracy.
Two economics units provide an understanding of the interrelationship between democracy and the free enterprise system.Product Description:
The Complete Classroom Set, Print includes: 30 print Student Editions1 print Teacher Edition
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110078803098
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0078803098 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0037926
Book Description Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 6. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0078803098
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New. There is a slight shelf or time wear. Otherwise new.We Ship Every Day! Free Tracking Number Included! International Buyers Are Welcome! Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # 343094951t
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education, 2009. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0078803098