* Each chapter is written by one or more invited world-renowned experts
* Information provided in handy reference tables and design charts
* Numerous examples demonstrate how the theory outlined in the book is applied in the design of structures
Tremendous strides have been made in the last decades in the advancement of offshore exploration and production of minerals. This book fills the need for a practical reference work for the state-of-the-art in offshore engineering. All the basic background material and its application in offshore engineering is covered. Particular emphasis is placed in the application of the theory to practical problems. It includes the practical aspects of the offshore structures with handy design guides, simple description of the various components of the offshore engineering and their functions.
The primary purpose of the book is to provide the important practical aspects of offshore engineering without going into the nitty-gritty of the actual detailed design.
· Provides all the important practical aspects of ocean engineering without going into the ‘nitty-gritty' of actual design details·
· Simple to use - with handy design guides, references tables and charts·
· Numerous examples demonstrate how theory is applied in the design of structures
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Providing a practical reference for the state of the art in ocean engineeringReview:
“This handbook meets the challenge of presenting a depth of knowledge and references that will bring the reader up to date on the new concepts and structures that have emerged in the application of technology to deep ocean structures. Each of the 16 chapters is written by a professional deeply steeped in experiences pertaining to the chapter written.
– Alice Trussell, Director, Kansas State University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Elsevier Science, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 80443818
Book Description Elsevier Science 2005-08-19, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. 0080443818. Bookseller Inventory # 523237