This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Many books exist on various aspects of event management, reflecting growing academic and professional interest, but there has not been a book written on Event Studies until now. As the event management field expands, there is a growth in demand for advanced texts, particularly with a multidisciplinary research and theoretical orientation. Event Studies is the first text to embrace this new direction in the field of event management providing:
* Students and practitioners with an explanation of why planned events are important from a social/cultural, economic and environmental perspective.
* Readers with an understanding of how various disciplines and other professional fields view planned events, and the contributions they make to understanding events.
* Research students with a detailed evaluation of research issues and challenges, and of methodologies and theories applicable to event studies. The bibliography is extensive and numerous research examples are provided.
* Professionals with a tool to expand their knowledge well beyond the art and science of producing events to include the philosophical and scientific foundations of event studies.
For the event management student, and for professionals, Event Studies provides the necessary body of knowledge and theoretical /methodological underpinnings on the subject of planned events.
* The only comprehensive text on event studies, which includes theoretical and methodological discussion
* Provides a detailed overview of published research, an evaluation of research themes pertinent to events, disciplinary perspectives, and identification of research questions
* Provides a framework for understanding and creating knowledge about special events
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Don Getz is a Professor in the Tourism and Hospitality Management Program, Haskayne School of Business, the University of Calgary. Don is an ongoing Visiting Professor of Events Management at Griffith University in Australia, and also an ongoing Visiting Professor at Sheffield- Hallam University. His ongoing research involves event-related issues (e.g. management, event tourism, events & culture) and special-interest tourism (e.g. wine). Recent books include Event Management & Event Tourism and Explore Wine Tourism: Management, Development, Destinations. He co-founded and is a member of the Editorial Board for Event Management (an international journal).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 2012. Condition: Good. 2nd Edition. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Seller Inventory # GRP76051441
Book Description Butterworth-Heinemann, 2012. Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Seller Inventory # 0080969534-2-4
Book Description Brand: Routledge, 2012. Paperback. Condition: VERY GOOD. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged. Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with any used book purchases. Seller Inventory # 0080969534_abe_vg