Microbial Gene Techniques is a practical laboratory guide to current techniques of molecular biology and genetics. The focus of the volume is on microbial cells, particularly eukaryotic microbes and bacteria, as well as plasmids and bacteriophages.
* Methods presented for ease of use and ready adaptation to new systems.
* Detailed protocols included for:
* Eukaryotic microbes - protozoan parasites (forward and reverse genetics, genome analysis), filamentous fungi (chromosome and gene analysis)
* Yeast chromosomes - YACs, genome mapping, transcription factors, nucleosomes, recombination, RNA polymerase, pheromones.
* Bacterial gene structure and regulation - E. coli (DNA methylation, mRNA characterization, gene regulation), B Subtilis (genetic mapping, chemotaxis), computer identification of genes.
* Plasmids and bacteriophages - plasmid templates for transcription assays, plasmid replication: bacteriophage transcription, molecular genetic analysis using phages, phage assembly.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120443082
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0120443082
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-004-28-2439102
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. pp. 504. Bookseller Inventory # 7424053