Preface. Introduction. (1) Vector Analysis.
(2) Vector Analysis In Curved Coordinates And Tensors. (3) Determines and Matrices. (4) Group Theory. (5) Infinite Series. (6) Functions of a Complex Variable I: Analytic Properties Mapping.
(7) Functions of A Complex Variable II: Calculus of Residues. (8) Differntial Equations. (9) Sturm-Liouville Theory-Orthogonal Functions. (10) The Gamma Function (Factorial Function) (11) Bessel Functions. (12) Legendre Functions. (13) Special Functions. (14) Fourier Series. (15) Integral Transforms. (16) Intergal Equations. (17) Calculus of Variations. (18) Nonlinear Methods and Chaos.
Appendix 1. Real Zeros of a Function.
Appendix 2 Gaussian Quadrature
* This revised Fourth Edition includes:
* Modernized technology
* Group theoretic methods brought together and expanded in a new chapter
* An entirely new chapter on nonlinear mathematical physics
* Significant revisions of the differential equations and complex variables chapters
* Many new or improved exercises
* Forty new or improved figures
* An update of computational techniques for today's contemporary tools, such as microcomputers, Numerical Recipes, and Mathematica, among others.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
More that 90,000 copies sold!From the Back Cover:
Mathematical Methods for Physicists serves as both textbook and/or useful reference work. This world renowned and well respected title provides in one handy volume the essential mathematical tools and techniques used to solve problems in physics and engineering. It is a vital addition to the bookshelf of any serious student of physics and or research professional in the field. The authors have put considerable effort into revamping this new edition.
* More advanced sections, including differential forms and the elegant forms of Maxwell's equations
* A new chapter on Probability and Statistics
* More elementary sections have been deleted
"As to a comparison with other books of the same ilk, well, in all honesty, there are none. No other text on methods of mathematical physics is as comprehensive and as complete..."
-Tristan Hubsch, Howard University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Book Condition: Very Good. 2nd. N/A. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory # GRP57239828
Book Description Academic Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Very Good. 0120598167 PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE A UK BASED SELLER AND ALL DVDS WILL BE IN A EUROPEAN FORMAT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DVD PLAYER IS SUITABLE BEFORE PURCHASING ( THIS MAINLY EFFECTS OUR AMERICAN AND CANADIAN CUSTOMERS)******. Bookseller Inventory # KKK0006900
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Very good. Bookseller Inventory # HH-200-76-6790106