The Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes is a complete, must-have reference work for biochemists, biotechnologists, and molecular biologists. This comprehensive work has 569 chapters, each written by experts in their field, on proteolytic enzymes from all groups of living organisms and the viruses.
The Handbook is divided into five sections on peptidases of serine, cysteine, aspartic, metallo, and unknown catalytic mechanism. It is ordered according to a novel system of classification pioneered by the editors and used by IUBMB and SWISS-PROT.
Each chapter details a different enzyme, including:
* Name and history
* Activity and specificity
* Structural chemistry
* Biological aspects
* Distinguishing features
* References to further reading and databank sequence identifiers
The Handbook is accompanied by a CD-ROM that features specialized scissile bond, text and reference searches, zoomable 3D color enzyme structures, sequence alignments and extensive hyperlinks. It's an invaluable resource for researcher workers in biomedicine, biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, pharmacology, plant science, agriculture, and pharmaceutical companies.
* The only complete reference on all proteolytic enzymes
* Comprehensive multi-authored work with over 560 chapters written by experts in the field
* Each chapter contains extensive cross-referencing and a comprehensive table of database sequence identifiers
* CD-ROM included featuring specialized scissile bond, text and reference searches, zoomable 3D color enzyme structures, sequence alignments and extensive hyperlinks
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Extensively revised and updated, the new edition of the highly regarded Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes is an essential reference for biochemists, biotechnologists and molecular biologists. Edited by world-renowned experts in the field, this comprehensive work provides detailed information on all known proteolytic enzymes to date. This two-volume set unveils new developments on proteolytic enzymes which are being investigatedin pharmaceutical research for such diseases as HIV, Hepatitis C, and the common cold.
Volume I covers aspartic and metallo petidases while Volume II examines peptidases of cysteine, serine, threonine and unknown catalytic type. A CD-ROM accompanies the book containing fully searchable text, specialised scissile bond searches, 3-D color structures and much more.
* The only comprehensive book on proteolytic enzymes
* Includes 671 chapters, each written by experts in their field, on proteolytic enzymes from all groups of living organisms and the viruses, including those that are currently major targets of pharmaceutical research
* Accompanying CD-ROM provides fully searchable text, 2D structures of peptidases in color and links directly to PubMed and MEROPS databases
*Each chapter describes in detail the enzyme name, its history, activity and specificity, structural chemistry, preparation, biological aspects and distinguishing features
*Over 1000 peptidases included
A two-volume set that covers exciting new developments on enzymes that are currently major targets of pharmaceutical research
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120796120