This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Power electronics, which is a rapidly growing area in terms of research and applications, uses modern electronics technology to convert electric power from one form to another, such as ac-dc, dc-dc, dc-ac, and ac-ac with a variable output magnitude and frequency. Power electronics has many applications in our every day life such as air-conditioners, electric cars, sub-way trains, motor drives, renewable energy sources and power supplies for computers. This book covers all aspects of switching devices, converter circuit topologies, control techniques, analytical methods and some examples of their applications.
* 25% new content
* Reorganized and revised into 8 sections comprising 43 chapters
* Coverage of numerous applications, including uninterruptable power supplies and automotive electrical systems
* New content in power generation and distribution, including solar power, fuel cells, wind turbines, and flexible transmission
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The most comprehensive reference available on all aspects of power electronics and its applications, now with 25% new content!From the Back Cover:
The Power Electronics Handbook, Second Edition, is the most comprehensive reference tool available for both practicing professionals and engineering students in power electronics. Covering a wide range of topics, this well-organized and highly informative handbook is an innovative blend of both new advances and classic topics in power electronics. This book offers an enlightening presentation of this rapidly growing field, complete with a wealth of examples of recent applications of power electronics.
This thoroughly revised edition of the Power Electronics Handbook contains up-to-date, authoritative information on the characteristics of modern semiconductor switching devices, recent developments in modern power circuit topologies, conversion and control techniques in obtaining the desired waveform of the output voltage and current, and many other cutting edge technologies.
· Contains 43 chapters covering all aspects of power electronics and its applications
· Eight new chapters now including coverage on power factor correction circuits, uninterruptible power supplies, solar power conversion, wind turbine applications, flexible AC transmission, built-in intelligent controllers for DC-DC switching converters, artificial neural network applications, and EMI effects of power converters
· Contributions from more than fifty leading experts spanning twelve different countries
· Students of power electronics will gain exposure to some of the most intriguing research subtopics in power electronics
· Experienced professionals will value the most up-to-date, expert subtopics and information available in their fields of interest
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110120884798
Book Description Academic Press, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0120884798