Handbook of Management Information Systems is a clear, specific, rigorous, and complete discussion regarding the design, implementation and utilization of computer-based information systems (CBIS). In an outstanding framework, it covers both human and technical issues of successful information systems design for managerial applications. It covers the existing technology of CBIS and also explores future and emerging trends and technologies by introducing information systems reengineering, security issues and measures, total quality management, information superhighway, Intranet, Extranet, electronic data interchange, global information systems, executive information systems, decision support systems, group support systems, geographic information systems, multimedia, virtual reality, expert systems, natural language processing, and applied artificial intelligence. Numerous real life cases illustrate the practical applications of this growing technology.
* Includes detailed discussion of the upcoming information systems technologies
* Presents numerous information systems applications found in the business world
* Places heavy emphasis on human issues and the user perspective throughout the text
* Presents a complete discussion of organizational, ethical and social impacts of information systems
* Offers numerous review questions, and projects to facilitate the actual design of information systems
* Features the most recent coverage of software products for successful information systems design
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Handbook of Management Information Systems: A Managerial Perspectivesolves a critical problem: where to turn for information about business information systems. It is an essential tool for anyone who wants to learn about software, hardware, and databases without attending engineering classes. In a highly organized and measured discussion, Bidgoli explains and illustrates the Internet and other global information systems, the principles of system design and total quality management, the new strategic tools and technologies, and some emerging technologies. With aids for understanding such as key terms lists, chapter outlines, and review questions, theHandbook of Management Information Systems: A Managerial Perspectivewill help you to better understanding the technologies that affect your life.
* Comprehensive one-volume text on the concepts and foundations underlying business information systems
* Reference work for educators and practitioners
* Key terms lists, chapter outlines, and review questions.
Hossein Bidgoli, Ph.D., is professor of Management Information Systems at California State University, Bakersfield. Dr. Bidgoli helped set up the first PC lab in the United States. He is the author of 40 textbooks, 26 manuals, and more than three dozen technical articles and papers on various aspects of computer applications and information systems that have been published and presented throughout the world.Dr. Bidgoli is a two-time winner of Meritorious Performance and Professional Promise Award for 1985-86 and 1988-89, School of Business and Public Administration, California State University, Bakersfield.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0120959755
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120959755