This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Neurological Disorders is an authoritative elaboration of the course, treatment, and specific management of neurological disorders written and edited by internationally recognized neurologists. The volume is superbly organized, covering in 13 sections everything from single symptoms to disorders, in particular cerebral vascular disorders, infections and inflammation, tumors, metabolic and movement disorders, muscle disorders, neuroendocrine disorders, cognitiveand behavioral disorders, and intensive care. Additionally, Neurological Disorders uses tables and gives a scholarly overview of alternative treatment regimens.
* Deals with not only the average patient, but also exceptional cases and complications
* Includes specific data on the expected success of therapy
* Contrasts established and new treatment regimens and compares them with largely discontinued practices
* Acute and chronic pain (including headaches)
* Cranial nerves and brainstem disorders
* Cognitive and behavioral disorders (including epilepsy, sleep disorders, aphasia)
* Cerebrovascular disorders (including stroke)
* Infections and inflammatory diseases
* Intensive care in neurology
* Tumors and developmental disorders
* Metabolic and progressive disorders
* Movement disorders
* Muscle and peripheral nervous system
* Endocrine and autonomic function
* Neurological side effects of therapy
* Molecular genetics of neurological disorders
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Selected by Doody publishing as One of the 250 Best Health Science Books Published in 1996!Review:
"This book, the combined effort of 136 authors in 95 chapters, covers a broad spectrum of neurologic disorders... This is an international book that portrays practices in Europe and North America. For neurologists in other parts of the world, it is certainly a welcome experience... Well-selected references give a balanced view of each disease, particularly those in which substantial controversies about therapeutics remain... a fine effort that brings together not only a wealth of treatments for neurologic disorders, but also data of enormous value for decision making. It even provides elements for discussion between the clinician and the patient on the important issue of cost and benefit."
--NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE
"This is an important new reference work that will be a valuable resource for diverse reader."
--ROBERT A. FISHMAN, San Francisco, California
"Well written... the chapter on orthopaedic assessment is particularly valuable to the medical specialist who may not be aware of the various musculoskeletal disorders leading to gait impairment... It will serve as a valued resource to the experienced specialty physician... seeking to expand her knowledge in the pathophysiology of gait disturbances."
--Maureen Shandling, in LANCET
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0121258300 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.3102529
Book Description Academic Press, 1996. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0121258300
Book Description Academic Press, 1996. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0121258300