This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This guide aims to present, in one source, up-to-date, easy-to-follow protocols necessary for efficient electroporation and electrofusion of bacteria, yeast and plant and animal cells, as well as background information to help users optimize their results.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Electroporation is an efficient method to introduce macromolecules such as DNA into a wide variety of cells. Electrofusion results in the fusion of cells and can be used to produce genetic hybrids or hybridoma cells.
Guide to Electroporation and Electrofusion is designed to serve the needs of students, experienced researchers, and newcomers to the field. It is a comprehensive manual that presents, in one source, up-to-date, easy-to-follow protocols necessary for efficient electroporation and electrofusion of bacteria, yeast, and plant and animal cells, as well as background information to help users optimize their results through comprehension of the principles behind these techniques.
* Covers fundamentals of electroporation and electrofusion in detail
*Gives extensive, practical information on
* The latest applications
* Controlling parameters to maximize efficiency
* Available instrumentation
Provides straightforward, detailed, easy-to-follow protocols for
* Formation of human hybridomas
* Introduction of genetic material into plant cells and pollen
* Transfection of mammalian cells
* Transformation of bacteria, plants, and yeast
* Production of altered embryos
* Optimization of electroporation by using reporter genes
* Approximately 125 illustrations complement the text
* Provides complete references with article titles
* Written by leading authorities in electroporation and electrofusion
"The protocols are well presented... Excellent instructions for optimizing the procedures on different cell types... Anyone who wants to use electroporation or electrofusion in anything but a routine fashion will find this book very useful." --ANALYTICAL BIOCHEMISTRY
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Pr, 1991. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0121680401
Book Description Academic Pr, 1991. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110121680401