The Vitamins, Second Edition provides thoroughly updated, revised and expanded coverage of the biochemistry and physiology of vitamins and vitamin-like substances. It contains a cohesive, well-organized and readable presentation of each of the vitamins, as well as the history of their discoveries and the status of current knowledge concerning their roles in nutrition and health. The book is organized, personal, and supportive for effective teaching and learning. Each chapter begins with a list of concepts, objectives, and vocabulary, and concludes with case studies, student questions and exercises. The Vitamins is intended for use by students and health professionals as a text and major reference in human and animal nutrition and in clinical medicine. It will also be valuable to all researchers in food science, veterinary science and the animal sciences.
* Extensively expanded revision of the widely used First Edition
* Concisely presents the state of knowledge of the vitamins and vitamin-like substances
* Includes pertinent issues emerging from the fields of molecular biology and epidemiology
* Emphasizes the biochemical and clinical aspects of the vitamins
* Employs a concept-based approach which facilitates meaningful learning
* Extensively footnoted to provide reader with a deeper level of understanding of key issues
* Uses advance organizers such as anchoring concepts, learning objectives and vocabulary at the beginning of each chapter
* Presents illustrative case studies, study questions and exercises at the end of chapters
* Includes guide for instructors and students
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Vitamins, Second Edition provides thoroughly updated, revised and expanded coverage of the biochemistry and physiology of vitamins and vitamin-like substances. This text is ideally suited for students and is an important reference for anyone interested in nutrition, food science, animal science, or endocrinology. The Vitamins contains a cohesive and well-organized presentation of each of the vitamins, as well as the history of their discoveries and current information about their roles in nutrition and health.
* New edition has been extensively revised and expanded
* Introduces and defines each vitamin, emphasizing the biochemical and clinical aspects
* Uses a concept-centered approach ideally suited for students
* Chapters include key concepts, learning objectives, and vocabulary terms
* Case studies, questions, and additional readings supplement the text
Gerald F. Combs, Jr., Ph.D., is a Emeritus Professor of Nutrition at Cornell University. His specialties are the nutritional biochemistry of trace elements and vitamins, clinical intervention studies, and the linkages of agriculture and human health in national development. He has authored or co-authored 279 publications, including two major reference books.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-1229
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-190516-4638
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHAK4638
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-1229
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0121834921
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. pp. 618. Bookseller Inventory # 7633827
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110121834921
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. U.S.Edition ,Brand New,Hardcover,Perfect Condition. Printed in English. excellent Quality, and customer satisfaction guaranteed. We Do not Ship APO FPO AND PO BOX. Bookseller Inventory # ABEORGSCB5893
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-133-12-1645101
Book Description Db Ap. Book Condition: New. This is an Int'l Edition. Please note: We do not ship to PO Boxes, please provide us with your complete delivery address. Bookseller Inventory # ICBSTORE-11248