This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The volumes in this series include contemporary techniques significant to a particular branch of neuroscience. They are an invaluable aid to the student as well as the experienced researcher not only in developing protocols in neuroscience but in disciplines where research is becoming closely related to neuroscience. Each volume of Methods in Neurosciences contains an index, and each chapter includes references. Dr. Conn became Editor-in-Chief of the series beginning with Volume 15, so each subsequent volume could be guest-edited by an expert in that specific field. This further strengthens the depth of coverage in Methods in Neurosciences for students and researchers alike.
Comprehensive protocols included for the study of:
* The brain-immune system
* The neuroimmune system: Effects of the brain on the peripheral immune system
* Neuroimmune effects from substances of abuse (e.g. cocaine) to hypnosis
* Measurement of interferons, cytokines, natural killer cells, and major histocompatibility complex molecules
* Immunohistochemistry methods in the brain
* Neuropeptides as immunomodulators
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Edited by Ian M. Phillips, Dwight Evans, and Michael P. ConnReview:
"Well-written, clear and detailed... The authors do indeed offer the 'fine detail, tricks and short cuts not usually found in the written word."
--TRENDS IN NEUROSCIENCES
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0121852946