This book focuses on the dynamics of clouds and of precipitating mesoscale meteorological systems. Clouds and precipitating mesoscale systems represent some of the most important and scientifically exciting weather systems in the world. These are the systems that produce torrential rains, severe winds including downburst and tornadoes, hail, thunder and lightning, and major snow storms. Forecasting such storms represents a major challenge since they are too small to be adequately resolved by conventional observing networks and numerical prediction models.
* Key Highlights of This Text
* Provides a complete treatment of clouds integrating the analysis of air motions with cloud structure, microphysics, and precipitation mechanics
* Describes and explains the basic types of clouds and cloud systems that occur in the atmosphere-fog, stratus, stratocumulus, altocumulus, altostratus, cirrus, thunderstorms, tornadoes, waterspouts, orographically induced clouds, mesoscale convection complexes, hurricanes, fronts, and extratropical cyclones
* Presents a photographic guide, presented in the first chapter, linking the examination of each type of cloud with an image to enhance visual retention and understanding
* Summarizes the fundamentals, both observational and theoretical, of atmospheric dynamics, thermodynamics, cloud microphysics, and radar meteorology, allowing each type of cloud to be examined in depth
* Integrates the latest field observations, numerical model simulations, and theory
* Supplies a theoretical treatment suitable for the advanced undergraduate or graduate level
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Now available in paperback!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1993. Book Condition: Very Good. N/A. Ships from Reno, NV. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory # GRP89043811
Book Description Academic Press 1992-09-07, 1992. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. 1st. 0121925315 Softcover book with light overall wear to the exterior. The binding is tight. The pages are clean with no markings. A small stain is on the edge. Fast shipping!. Bookseller Inventory # JF819109
Book Description Academic Press, Inc., San Diego, CA, 1989. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Graphs, Charts, etc. (illustrator). First Edition. Size=6.5"x9.5". (full book description) Academic Press, Inc., San Diego, CA, 1989. 1st PB Edition 1st Printing, VG+, Paperback, Size=6.5"x9.5", 880pgs(Index). Graphs, Charts, etc. Ink owner name on front cover & inside front cover, owner name embossment on front cover & Title Page, color NASA sticker inside rear cover, o.w. clean, bright & tight. Rest of book in Fine Like New condition. No tears, chips, underlines, or foxing. This is volume 44 in the International Geophysics Series. ISBN 0121925315 20% OFF our regular catalogue price. SELLING WORLDWIDE since 1987. WE ALWAYS PACK WITH GREAT CARE!. Book. Bookseller Inventory # CONROY239726I
Book Description Academic Press, 1989. Soft cover. Book Condition: Very Good. International Geophysics Series, Volume 44. 883 pp, index. Lightly creased corners. Interior unmarked. Spine straight and uncreased. Bookseller Inventory # 037231
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Very good. Bookseller Inventory # HH-133-51-4845104
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Paperback. Book Condition: As New. Like new condition. Bookseller Inventory # XX-133-51-4845104
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! L. Bookseller Inventory # 0121925315D