This essential methods manual for immunohematologists (or hematologists and immunohematologists) provides information on genes that encode antigens on red blood cells, platelets and neutrophils. The book begins by covering general concepts in molecular biology and specific protocols such as DNA preparation, PCR-RFLP and allele-specific PCR. Information on the erythrocyte, platelet and neutrophil antigen systems and the molecular basis of polymorphisms are presented clearly in a gene facts sheet format. Database accession numbers and useful adjuncts such as Request forms, worksheets for PCR/enzyme digests also serve to benefit the user. The information is clearly presented and easily accessible and is complemented by the excellent diagrams and tabular material. This book is invaluable for both new and experienced researchers in the field and other related disciplines.
* Essential for hematologists and those involoved in tissue typing and the study of human genetic polymorphisms
* Presents clearly and concisely the information on a particular variant and the technique used to detect it
* Organized by antigen and provides sequences of polymorphisms and primers
* Details the general concepts and critical information on genes, their products, and sources of relevant nucleic acids
* Includes protocols that allow investigators to set up assays with minimal effort (protocols include primers, reagents, reaction conditions, sizes of amplified products, restriction fragment digests, and the relevant safety information)
* Provides information that helps interpret results in clinical settings
* Contains additional sources of information (e.g., key references, web site addresses, glossary, Database accession numbers, request
forms, and worksheets for PCR/enzyme digests)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Molecular technology has transformed the practice of laboratory medicine and revolutionized patient care. Molecular Protocols in Transfusion Medicine is a much-needed reference for the transfusion laboratory. If you phenotype blood, perform prenatal serology, specialize in complex antibody investigations, or diagnose neonatal cytopenic disorders, this manual is a must for state-of-the-art analyses of blood group polymorphisms.
The manual provides comprehensive coverage for the molecular bases of polymorphisms expressed on red cells, platelets and neutrophils in a 'facts sheet' format. It covers general concepts in molecular biology and includes specific protocols such as specimen processing, DNA extraction, quality control, PCR set-up, and troubleshooting guides. Other useful adjunct including web site addresses, glossary, and worksheets are also detailed as a guide for the user.
Easy to use, practical and focused, Molecular Protocols in Transfusion Medicine is essential for molecular biologists, scientists, immunohematologists and hematologists involved in the study of human genetic polymorphisms.
* Organized by blood group system
* Online references for nucleic acid sequences
* Protocols that allow investigators to set up assays with minimal effort, e.g. primers, reagents, and reaction conditions
* Relevant safety information
* Application and interpretation of results in a variety of clinical settings
* Key references, accession numbers, web sites, request forms, work sheets and glossary
* Clearly presented data complemented by excellent diagrams and tabular material
Greg Denomme, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Maria Rios, Molecular Genotyping Laboratory, New York Blood Center, New York, New York
Marion Reid, Immunochemistry Laboratory, New York Blood Center, New York, New York
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-11830
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-11830
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780122093708 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0891151
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780122093708 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE01195446
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0122093704
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. pp. 186. Bookseller Inventory # 7363268
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122093704
Book Description Academic Pr, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. spiral-bound edition. 186 pages. 9.25x6.75x0.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0122093704