This is the first comprehensive reference work on toxicologic pathology, an emerging field that integrates the mechanisms of toxic injury with the resulting pathology. Chapters deal systematically with organ-specific toxic injury, describing the mechanisms of injury, morphological expression of the injury, and evaluation of the pathology. Additional chapters introduce the field to the uninitiated and address such topics as techniques used for morphological evaluation, risk assessment, and regulatory aspects. The Handbook of Toxicologic Pathology will quickly establish itself as the classic reference work in this field for years to come.
* Comprehensive, "user friendly" reference text on toxicologic pathology
* Large, easy-to-use 8 1/2" x 11", double-column format
* Systematic approach to each organ or system
* More than 500 illustrations and 90 tables complement the text
* Over 2,000 references for easy access to the primary literature
* Unique chapters written by leading authorities
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Essential for all health professionals in, or interacting with, the field of toxicologic pathology.About the Author:
Wanda M. Haschek-Hock, University of Illinois, Urbana, U.S.A.
Colin G. Rousseaux, Global Tox International Consultants, Inc., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Matthew A. Wallig, University of Illinois, Urbana, U.S.A.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG012330220X
Book Description Academic Press, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 012330220X