This revised text presents a cogent explanation of the fundamentals of meteorology, and explains storm dynamics for weather-oriented meteorologists. It discusses climate dynamics and the implications posed for global change. The Fourth Edition features a CD-ROM with MATLAB® exercises and updated treatments of several key topics. Much of the material is based on a two-term course for seniors majoring in atmospheric sciences.
* Provides clear physical explanations of key dynamical principles
* Contains a wealth of illustrations to elucidate text and equations, plus end-of-chapter problems
* Holton is one of the leading authorities in contemporary meteorology, and well known for his clear writing style
* Instructor's Manual available to adopters
NEW IN THIS EDITION
* A CD-ROM with MATLAB® exercises and demonstrations
* Updated treatments on climate dynamics, tropical meteorology, middle atmosphere dynamics, and numerical prediction
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The new edition of Holton's bestselling textbook, with 18,000+ sales in the current edition!About the Author:
By James R. Holton
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 4. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0123540151
Book Description Academic Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110123540151
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0123540151BNA