This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Nuclear Energy is one of the most popular texts ever published on basic nuclear physics, systems, and applications of nuclear energy. This newest edition continues the tradition of offering a holistic treatment of everything the undergraduate engineering student needs to know in a clear and accessible way. Presented is a comprehensive overview of radioactivity, radiation protection, nuclear reactors, waste disposal, and nuclear medicine.
· New coverage on nuclear safety concerns following 9/11, including radiation and terrorism, nuclear plant security, and use of nuclear techniques to detect weapons materials
· New facts on nuclear waste management, including the Yucca Mountain repository
· New developments in the use of nuclear-powered systems for generating cheap and abundant hydrogen from water using nuclear technology
· New information on prospects for new nuclear power reactors and their applications for electricity and desalination
· New end-of-chapter Exercises and Answers, lists of Internet resources, and updated references.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book provides nuclear engineers, plant designers and radiation physicists with a comprehensive overview of nuclear energy and its uses, and discusses potential problems and the outlook for the future.About the Author:
Nuclear Engineering Department, North Carolina State University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Butterworth-Heinemann, 2008. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110123705479
Book Description Butterworth-Heinemann, 2008. Hardcover. Condition: New. 6. Seller Inventory # DADAX0123705479
Book Description Butterworth-Heinemann. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0123705479 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.3057512