This comprehensive, full color hematopathology reference book emphasizes immunophenotpic features, cytogenetic studies, and diagnostic molecular aspects. Hematopathology begins with introductions to morphologic evaluation of the hematopoietic tissues and principles of immunophenotyping, cytogenetics and molecular studies followed by chapters dedicated to different types of hematologic disorders. Each chapter starts with a basic overview of hematopathlogy followed by a comprehensive review of immunophenotypic, cytogenetic and molecular findings. The text is balanced with large numbers of full color images, graphs, charts, and tables to assist the reader in understanding these highly technical issues.
* Emphasizes the immunophenotypic features, cytogenetic studies, and diagnostic molecular aspects of hematology
* Features hundreds of images, charts and tables for the identification of hematologic disorders not only based on histopathologic features, but also with the use of advanced accessory techniques.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"This is a great book for practicing hematologists and medical oncologists as well as trainees and faculty in anatomic and clinical pathology. The writing is crisp, the figures and tables, all in color, are of high quality and informative and the book contains a wealth of information that is not readily available in reference textbooks of hematology, oncology or pathology. I give the book two thumbs up."
-- Robert I. Handin, MD, Senior Physician, Hematology Division, Brigham and Women's Hospital; Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
"This book provides both the expert and the novice with the essential materials and didactic support needed to select, understand and interpret critically the vast number cell and tissue analyses now available from hematopathology laboratories. This text takes a commendably practical and clinically oriented approach to understanding the biologic basis of these tests, the technical, biological, and clinical pitfalls involved in their interpretation, and their power in aiding classification, prognostication and treatment selection. This is a very valuable teaching aid and reference volume for advanced students, residents in pathology, hematology oncology fellows, and specialists in blood disorders. The book should also be helpful to basic scientist working in these fields."
--Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, President, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
"Hematopathology is a well written and comprehensive text that provides both strong background and specific details regarding hematological malignancies and their diagnosis. The text is easy to read and well organized. There are numerous high quality photomicrographs and comprehensive tables (particularly the cell differentiation molecules table) that complement the text. I particularly liked the background information regarding hematopoietic stem cells, and the practical aspects of the sections describing the principles of flow cytometry, and the techniques employed in karyotyping. This is something you don't often find in many texts."
-- Jeffery L. Kutok, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
· Provides a multidisciplinary approach to the pathology of hematopoietic disorders by correlating morphology with biochemistry, immunophenotyping, cytogenetics, fluorescence in-situ hybridization, and molecular studies
· Covers both malignant and non-malignant hematologic disorders
· Each disease category covers etiology and pathogenesis, pathologic features, clinical aspects and differential diagnosis
· Over 540 figures of morphology, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, FISH analysis, karyotyping and molecular studies
· Over 115 tables to facilitate better understanding of the text material and act as summaries for quick reference
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Pr, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 624 pages. 10.94x8.66x1.42 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0123706076
Book Description Academic Press 2008-12-03, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. 0123706076. Bookseller Inventory # 682451
Book Description Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0123706076
Book Description Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0123706076