This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Awarded Best Reference by the New York Public Library (2004), Outstanding Academic Title by CHOICE (2003), and AAP/PSP 2003 Best Single Volume Reference/Sciences by Association of American Publishers' Professional Scholarly Publishing Division, the first edition of Encyclopedia of Insects was acclaimed as the most comprehensive work devoted to insects. Covering all aspects of insect anatomy, physiology, evolution, behavior, reproduction, ecology, and disease, as well as issues of exploitation, conservation, and management, this book sets the standard in entomology.
The second edition of this reference will continue the tradition by providing the most comprehensive, useful, and up-to-date resource for professionals. Expanded sections in forensic entomology, biotechnology and Drosphila, reflect the full update of over 300 topics. Articles contributed by over 260 high profile and internationally recognized entomologists provide definitive facts regarding all insects from ants, beetles, and butterflies to yellow jackets, zoraptera, and zygentoma.
* 66% NEW and revised content by over 200 international experts
* New chapters on Bedbugs, Ekbom Syndrome, Human History, Genomics, Vinegaroons
* Expanded sections on insect-human interactions, genomics, biotechnology, and ecology
* Each of the 273 articles updated to reflect the advances which have taken place in entomology research since the previous edition
* Features 1,000 full-color photographs, figures and tables
* A full glossary, 1,700 cross-references, 3,000 bibliographic entries, and online access save research time
* Updated with online access
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
2009 CHOICE Outstanding Academic TitleAbout the Author:
Edited by Dr. Vincent H. Resh and Dr. Ring T. Cardé
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. This is Brand NEW. Seller Inventory # Deep Deep-23032018-7559
Book Description Condition: New. This is Brand NEW. Seller Inventory # Bio Green-09072018-3798
Book Description Academic Press, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110123741440
Book Description Academic Press, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0123741440
Book Description Academic Press, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. 2. Seller Inventory # DADAX0123741440