This book presents the most current scientific understanding behind most common pain disorders. Clinical scientists involved in pain science will gain a basic understanding of the causes of many types of pain and will be able to discuss various therapies with patients. Researchers new to pain science will gain an overall understanding of pain pathophysiology and targets for pain treatments. Covering every major aspect of pain science, from molecular and cellular pathways of pain to pain disorders and their treatments, Science of Pain bridges basic and clinical research like no other book on the topic. Edited by world-renowned pain scientist and Editor-in-Chief of the journal PAIN, Allan Basbaum, this book is an in-depth reference for basic and clinical scientists in pain research who must understand the basic science of pain, and help develop new treatment strategies for pain disorders.
* Presents the most current scientific understanding of neuroscience of pain, written by the world's leading experts
* Integrates basic neuroscience research and clinical aspects of pain disorders
* Covers both neurobiological basis and clinical treatment for a pain disorder (e.g., migraine, fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, post-stroke pain)
* Covers pain pathways and mechanisms both in text and in full-color illustrations
* Includes topics specific to gender and age group addressing the trend in research toward developing individualized treatments
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2008. Hardback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780123746252 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0892254
Book Description Academic Press, 2008. Hardback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780123746252 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE01196496
Book Description Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0123746256
Book Description Academic Press Inc, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 1078 pages. 10.25x7.75x2.25 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0123746256
Book Description Academic Press, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0123746256