This is the latest entry in the Big Book series, a collection of the most important of the documents (called RFCs, for "Request for Comments") governing computing standards and protocols for areas such as the Internet, data communication, and data transfer.
Other books in the series help readers understand how the protocols are supposed to work. The Big Book of Current Best Practices RFCs addresses how they are supposed to be implemented, from a best-practices perspective. Inside, readers will find documents pertaining to the optimal procedures for deploying a wide range of standards, gathered in once place and organized for easy reference.
* Includes cross-references to entries in other books in the series.
* Helps readers master the accepted ways of implementing key computing standards.
* Covers a wide range of critical topics, including Internet and IP networking, security, private IP network address space management, and the use and abuse of the Domain Name System (DNS).
* Includes, in addition to the RFCs themselves, an introduction, glossary, and index.
* A high-quality, reasonably priced book-and the only print source for these much-sought-after documents.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Pete Loshin writes and consults about Internet protocols and open source network technologies. Formerly on staff at BYTE Magazine, Information Security Magazine and other publications, his work appears regularly in leading trade publications and websites including CPU, Computerworld, PC Magazine, EarthWeb, Internet.com, and CNN. Pete Loshin, Independent Consultant
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Morgan Kaufmann, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX012455847X
Book Description Morgan Kaufmann, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 012455847X
Book Description Morgan Kaufmann, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG012455847X
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801245584721.0