Fractal image compression technology, one of the major digital image compression techniques, has been a well kept secret for many years. While there are many books written on other technologies, such as DCT/JPEG andwavelet theory, few books touch the subject of fractal image compression. Fractal Imaging presents the logic, technology, and various uses of fractal imaging by analyzing a complete, usable fractal image representation system. This detailed work will be a must for engineers interested in building fractal imaging systems. It will also be of interest to the general public, showing how mathematics once again plays a central role in our lives, where art and science intersect. Included is a CD-ROM containing fractal images and a freeware version of Iterated Systems fractal imaging utility.
* Modeling realistic images
* Efficient, fractal image representation and enhancement
* Data compression and coding algorithms with Sample C code
* 16-page color insert
* Includes Fractal Imager Software
* Fractal Imager is an award-winning Windows" product that produces Fractal Image Format (FIF) files;This software helps you to create interactive Web page images that download fast and look sharp.
* Put interactive images on your Web site
* Give great image quality and resolution independent zoomability
* Super fast Internet progressive display
* More content without taking more space!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Images can enhance the meaning of almost anything.
One problem that arises with the most meaningful images is the "cost" of either storing or communicating them electronically. If this is a problem for you, then fractal imaging can be a very useful technique, in which case Ning Lu's Fractal Imaging is an invaluable tool.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-005-60-7941107
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110124580106
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801245801071.0