Paleoseismology (the study of "ancient" earthquakes) has become an important component of seismic risk analysis, which is mandated for nuclear power plants, dams, waste repositories, and other critical structures. This book is the first in the English language to be devoted solely to paleoseismology. It summarizes the development of the field from the 1960s to the present, encompassing material that is currently widely dispersed in journal articles. The 10 chapters included in this text span the entire range of techniques currently used in paleoseismic reconstruction, and are contributed by active practitioners at the forefront of paleoseismic research.
* First book solely devoted to paleoseismology
* Summarizes the development of the field from the 1960's to the present
* Includes a comprehensive review of the techniques currently used in paleoseismology
* Emphasizes practical methods of data collection and field studies
* Covers interpretation of field data based on current theory concerning fault segmentation and recurrence cycles
* Contains more than 170 line drawings and 50 photographs of paleoseismic phenomena
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Now Available as a Revised PaperbackFrom the Publisher:
Recipient of the 2000 E. B. Burwell, Jr. Award from the Geological Society of America
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. BRAND NEW BOOK!! SHIPS WITHIN 24 HOURS! Tracking Provided. DHL processing & USPS delivery for an average of 3-5 Day Standard & 2-3 Day Expedited! FREE INSURANCE! Fast & Personal Support! Careful Packaging. No Hassle, Full Refund Return Policy!. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000538803
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0124818269
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110124818269
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124818269
Book Description Academic Pr, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. reprint edition. 588 pages. 9.25x6.25x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0124818269