Vitamins in Animal Nutrition presents concise, up-to-date information on vitamin nutrition for livestock and poultry; comparisons with vitamin use in human nutrition are also presented. This book describes the basic chemical, metabolic, and functional role of vitamins and vitamin supplementation. A wealth of photographs illustrate the nutritional aspects of vitamin deficiencies and excesses in livestock, along with their concomitant conditions.
This authoritative reference is of interest to professionals in animal nutrition and the livestock industry and is suitable as a graduate-level text on vitamin nutrition in animals.
* First book of its kind
* Offers practical and broad coverage of nutrition as it relates to farm livestock, humans, and laboratory animals
* Clinically identifies and outlines the effects of vitamin excesses and deficiencies in animals and humans
* Emphasizes vitamin supplementation, and vitamin metabolism and function
* Illustrated with numerous photographs
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Features of this book
* the first of its kind
* offers practical and broad coverage of nutrition as it relates to farm livestock, humans, and laboratory animals
* clinically identifies and outlines the effects of vitamin excesses and deficiencies in animals and humans
* emphasizes vitamin supplementation and vitamin metabolism and function
* illustrated with numerous photographs
Dr. Lee R. McDowell is a distinguished scientist in animal nutrition. He is also editor on Nutrition of Grazing Ruminants in Warm Climates (Academic Press, 1985). For the past 23 years, he has been working on animal nutrition studies at the University of Florida and with numerous collaborating animal scientists in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and other areas. He has lectured throughout the world and has collected research data, photographs, and other materials of value for this book. Contact with many of the world's leading nutrition scientists has greatly enriched his expertise.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Book shows a small amount of wear to cover and binding. Some pages show signs of use. Bookseller Inventory # G0124833721I3N00
Book Description Academic Press, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: Fair. May include moderately worn cover, writing, markings or slight discoloration. SKU:9780124833722-4-0-3. Bookseller Inventory # 9780124833722-4-0-3
Book Description Academic Press, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Good condition, some are ex-library and can have markings. Bookseller Inventory # GD-005-12-4461104
Book Description Academic Press, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: As New. Like new condition. Bookseller Inventory # XX-005-12-4461104
Book Description Academic Press, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: Used: Good. We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! L. Bookseller Inventory # 0124833721D