This book and its companion, Volume I, concentrate on new procedures--especially those based on the new molecular methodology--developed within the past decade. This volume deals with the new genetic and immunological tools applied to the diagnosis of mycoplasma infections of humans, animals, plants, insects, and all cultures. Volume I outlines the approaches, techniques, and procedures applied to cell and molecular biology studies of mycoplasmas.
* Diagnostic genetic probes
* Immunological tools
* Antibiotic sensitivity testing
* Diagnosis of specific diseases
* Experimental infections
* Diagnosis of mycoplasma infections of cell cultures
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This volume and its companion Volume I focus on new procedures developed in the past decade, particularly those based on the new molecular methodology responsible for the marked advances in the cell biology of mycoplasmas and the diagnosis of the infections caused by these organisms.
* Application of molecular probes and PCR as well as new serological tools in the diagnosis of mycoplasma infections
* The new diseases of activation of the immune system by mycoplasmas (serving as superantigens and inducers of cytokines)
* The possible association of specific newly discovered mycoplasmas with AIDS
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1996. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0125838069