This third edition of Renewable Energy is undoubtedly one of the most complete accounts of the subject, from source through to extraction and use. The book is academically rigorous, but accessible.
The author first describes the effect of the sun on the atmosphere and the creation of wind and waves, including the effects of global warming. For each type of renewable energy, from direct solar radiation to wind and biomass, there follows a technical description of the devices that can be used to transform the energy into useful forms. The author explores new solar cell types, including polymer and organic cells, new biofuel processes and new wave energy devices.
The final part of the book loos at social and economic aspects of renewable energy – the costs of our current fuel bills versus new energy sources, and the difference it could make to developing as well as developed countries. The concept of whole new energy systems based around wind, solar, and other energies is put into a real-life context. Key features include:
· Reference paths: the reader may follow the general process from source through to distribution, or concentrate on a specific type of energy.
· The material is divided into undergraduate text and advanced options.
· Details the significant expansion of the field since the publication of the previous edition.
· Updated material includes offshore wind technologies, polymer and organic solar cells, new developments in hydrogen storage, pipeline transmission, biofuel processes, and wave energy devices, evaluation of biomass options, and an outlook on the renewable energy market.
* The only rigorous theory and applications book available
* Provides the principles of renewable energy flows/sources and energy conversion processes
* Details the significant expansion of the field since the publication of the previous editions
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Continues the tradition of excellence of the first two editions as an authoritative text for renewable energy.About the Author:
Professor Emeritus at the Department of Environmental, Social, and Spatial Change, and a professor of physics at the Institute of Mathematics and Physics, both at Roskilde University, Denmark. He is also an independent consultant at Novator Advanced Technology Consulting. Dr. Sørensen is one of the world’s leading specialists in renewable energy. He has five decades of experience in researching the field, and has published hundreds of monographs, articles in scientific journals, technical reports, and conference contributions. He has received several awards and has been knighted by Her Majesty Queen Margrethe of Denmark.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 3. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0126561532
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New. US Edition Book. We do not ship to Military Addresses. Fast Shipping with Order Tracking. For Standard Shipping 7-8 business days & Expedite Shipping 4-6 business days, after shipping. Bookseller Inventory # 0126561532-RMX
Book Description Academic Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0126561532
Book Description Academic Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-133-23-1186101
Book Description Academic Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110126561532