This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Intended for a first course in digital design for freshman or sophomores studying computer engineering, computer science, and electrical engineering, this text/CD-ROM package presents logic and switching circuits and digital system design from a hardware and software standpoint, with emphasis on hardware. The text combines coverage of classical hardware design of combinatorial and sequential logic circuits with a contemporary approach to design with modern CAD tools. The included CD-ROM contains Xilinx design tools. The author is affiliated with the California Polytechnic State University of San Luis Obispo. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book provides a clear and comprehensive introduction to the subject of Digital Design with superb coverage of classical hardware design for both combinational and sequential logic circuits. It goes beyond classical coverage by incorporating a contemporary design approach with modern CAD tools. Each book includes the Xilinx® Student Edition Foundation Series Software, thereby providing the reader with a complete learning enviroment.
* Over 160 complete examples illustrating major concepts
* Over 250 Exercises to Test Your Knowledge (with solutions in the Worked Exercises section), providing readers with an abundance of problems and solutions from which to learn. These are separate from homework problems at in the end-of-chapter sections.
* Over 1000 homework problems (solutions provided to instructors on CD-ROM).
* Over 800 figures and tables to enhance discussions with visual aids.
* A series of design-problem case studies explore more than 26 different approaches to promote critical thinking and creative use of basic techniques.
* VHDL synthesis by example is covered in a separate chapter, so the material can be covered with selected classical examples, as a separate topic, or delayed as an introduction to a future course.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0130721107