Discusses how to plan, deploy, manage, and optimize Microsoft enterprise solutions. Provides expert coverage of Windows 2000 and Active Directory, BackOffice architecture, capacity planning, and management. Softcover.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* Plan, deploy, manage, and optimize Microsoft enterprise solutions!
* Expert coverage of Windows 2000 and Active Directory
* BackOffice architecture, capacity planning, and management
* Internet/intranet site development and deployment
* Legacy data integration, high availability, and more
* CD-ROM: complete Software Magic Help Desk trialware
Designing Enterprise Solutions with Microsoft Technologies
* Windows 2000 Active Directory planning and deployment
* Intranet and Internet site planning for maximum scalability and flexibility
* Planning for fault tolerance and high availability: Cluster Server, I2O, and more
* Data warehousing and legacy data integration with SQL Server 7 and SNA Server
* Next-generation distributed applications with Microsoft DNA, DCOM, MTS, and MSMQ
* Architecting Microsoft Exchange for maximum reliability and performance
* Building low-cost, high security virtual private networks
* Leveraging Systems Management Server 2 to streamline desktop management
Plan, deploy, manage and optimize Microsoft-based enterprise solutions!
From Windows 2000 to SQL Server 7, SMS 2 to Windows Script Host, Microsoft's latest technologies offer remarkable power to enterprises that can master them. Now, in Designing Enterprise Solutions with Microsoft Technologies, three top consultants guide you through all the latest Microsoft technologies, presenting detailed best practices for using them to support your enterprise goals.
You'll find detailed techniques for architecting Windows 2000, BackOffice, and related technologies for maximum business benefit -- including proven enterprise network capacity planning techniques; state-of-the-art solutions for high availability and fault tolerance; next-generation distributed applications with Windows DNA, and much more. The authors deliver thorough, proven solutions for planning and implementing SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, IIS4, SNA Server, and much more.
Designing Enterprise Solutions with Microsoft Technologies goes beyond technology, with specific insights into staffing, skills assessment, training, and other management issues that can make or break your Windows enterprise deployment. Never before has so much independent Windows enterprise experience been squeezed into one book!
The accompanying CD-ROM includes comprehensive tools and training materials esential for Microsoft BackOffice enterprise architecture planing.About the Author:
CHRISTINE GENET KEMP and RICHARD KEMP, are general managers of DPAI, Inc., and founders of TechKnowQuest, Inc. They both have extensive experience in planning, designing, and implementing Internet and client/server systems in retail, entertainment, and finance.
MARCUS GONCALVES is Systems Manager for Process Software Corporation. He has authored Windows NT Security Guide and several other books for Prentice Hall PTR.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall Ptr, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX013086756X
Book Description Prentice Hall International, 1999. Taschenbuch. Book Condition: Neu. Gebraucht - Sehr gut Unbenutzt. Schnelle Lieferung, Kartonverpackung. Abzugsfähige Rechnung. Bei Mehrfachbestellung werden die Versandkosten anteilig erstattet. - Designing Enterprise Solutions with Microsoft Technologies, w. CD-ROM 540 pp. Englisch. Bookseller Inventory # INF1000034614
Book Description Prentice Hall Ptr, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-005-X6-6966106
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801308675681.0
Book Description Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 352819614