Statistics can be tricky, but this revised edition of a highly effective guide to statistics for psychology makes it much easier. Students at all levels, introductory to advanced, will find the jargon-free style and comprehensive yet accessible approach indispensable. The book is laid out with great visual clarity, making it a highly effective teaching and learning tool. Complex mathematics is kept to a minimum and concepts that are often difficult to grasp are explained step-by-step using a wide variety of examples.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Introduction to Statistics in Psychology
Statistics can be difficult, but this revised 3rd edition of Introduction to Statistics in Psychology makes it much easier. Any psychology student, whether at introductory, intermediate or advanced level will find the book a very useful companion to their statistics course.
Introduction to Statistics in Psychology is written in a jargon free style, it is comprehensive and accessible, and laid out with great visual clarity. Complex mathematics are kept to a minimum and concepts that are often difficult to grasp are explained step-by-step, using a wide variety of examples.
Introduction to Statistics in Psychology can be used alone or to complement the authors’ Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology and Introduction to SPPS in Psychology also published by Prentice Hall.
The revised 3rd edition:
- Provides a comprehensive guide to understanding a wide range of statistics
- Meets student needs at all stages of their course
- Teaches how to choose appropriate statistical tests
- Describes how to analyse data of all sorts
- Provides models of how to report findings
- Employs a flexible modular approach for effective study and reference
- Requires only a simple understanding of mathematics for success
- The best single resource for confidence intervals, statistical power, reliability, meta-analysis, log-linear and other advanced techniques
Dennis Howitt and Duncan Cramer are both Readers in Psychology at LoughboroughUniversity
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2002. Gebundene Ausgabe. Book Condition: Neu. Gebraucht - Sehr gut Unbenutzt. Schnelle Lieferung, Kartonverpackung. Abzugsfähige Rechnung. Bei Mehrfachbestellung werden die Versandkosten anteilig erstattet. - Sehr guter Zustand - UNBENUTZT, schnelle Lieferung, abzugsfähige Rechnung liegt bei. 482 pp. Deutsch. Bookseller Inventory # INF1000034604
Book Description Prentice Hall (UK), 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2nd Rev. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131399829