The Password series uses high-interest readings about real people, places, and events to help students develop reading skills, increase their active vocabulary, and gain fluency. Each book's theme-based units--including such universal topics as work, travel, and celebration--feature appealing passages, carefully chosen vocabulary, and a variety of exercises to engage and motivate readers.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Would you like to know ...
· why people laugh?
· how to live to 100 or more?
· what appropriate technologies are?
· how one secretary became a millionaire?
Password 2: A Reading and Vocabulary Text, by Linda Butler, helps low intermediate students develop reading skills and increase their active vocabulary through engaging readings about real people, places, events, and ideas. Students benefit from a systematic, corpus-informed approach to learning more than 400 high-frequency words, expressions, and collocations.
· Target word choices based on analyses of authentic language data in various corpora, including the Longman Corpus network.
· An emphasis on systematic vocabulary acquisition, including recycling of vocabulary.
· Activities that highlight collocations and word grammar.
· Discussion and writing activities reinforce learning.
· Periodic vocabulary self-tests.
Unit wrap-ups that review vocabulary and practice dictionary skills.
· A Teacher’s Manual with an answer key for all student exercises, six unit tests with answers, and a Quick Oral Review for rapid vocabulary drills.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0131408925
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801314089201.0