Essentials of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (4th Edition)
This fourth edition of the popular book introduces you to the processes of new venture creation and the critical knowledge needed to manage your business once it is formed. With the help of this book, readers can follow their dreams of becoming successful entrepreneurs. Topics include: the challenges of entrepreneurship, building a business plan, marketing considerations, e-commerce and the entrepreneur, advertising and pricing for profit, financial considerations and managing cash flow, building a competitive edge, and debt/equity and site and location considerations. For any person interested in owning, operating, and managing a small business. Also a handy reference for entrepreneurs and managers of small businesses.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
The tool that today's students need to master the most essential issues involved in starting and managing a successful new business venture. The first book in the field to have an entire chapter on E-Commerce!
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
- New! Chapter 15, "E-Commerce and the Entrepreneur," serves as a guide to conducting business on the web.
- New! Chapter 2, "Inside the Entrepreneurial Mind: From Ideas to Reality," discusses the creative process entrepreneurs use to create business ideas.
- "You Be the Consultant" feature challenges students to apply what they've learned. Each chapter has two of these boxes, which pose a problem situation, with questions to focus attention on key issues.
- A dedicated Web site at www.prenhall.com/zimmerer includes Internet exercises, author updates, and over 1,000 links to relevant small business sites.
The twenty-first century has dawned with entrepreneurship as a major force shaping the global economy. The future growth of this economy lies in the hands of men and women committed to achieving success through innovative customer-focused new products and services. At the heart of this global movement are entrepreneurs who demonstrate their willingness to assume the risks associated with creating new business ventures. Those who possess the spirit of entrepreneurial leadership haVL1' led, and will continue to lead, the economic revolution that has proved repeatedly to raise the standard of living for people everywhere. We hope that you will join this economic revolution to bring about lasting, positive changes in your own community and around the world.
This fourth edition of Essentials of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management introduces you to the processes of new venture creation and the critical knowledge you need to manage your business once it is formed. We,hope that you will follow your dream of becoming a successful entrepreneur with the help of this textbook and your instructor.
- Sections 2, 3, and 4 focus on "Building a Business Plan," and Section 5 covers "Putting the Business Plan to Work."
- Chapter 2, "Inside the Entrepreneurial Mind: From Ideas to Reality," explains the creative process entrepreneurs use to generate business ideas and to recognize entrepreneurial opportunities. Students learn to think like entrepreneurs.
- Chapter 7, "E-Commerce and the Entrepreneur," serves as a practical guide to using the Web to conduct business in the twenty-first century.
- The You Be the Consultant feature challenges students to apply what they've learned. Each chapter contains at least two of these boxed illustrations based on actual companies that pose a problem situation and include questions to focus attention on key issues and to launch lively class discussions. Featured companies include Tommy Bahama, JetBlue Airlines, NFL Films, and many others.
- Sample business plan for Sluggers, an indoor pitching/batting cage, included both in the text and on the Web site.
- New, attractive layout includes in-margin glossary and learning objectives.
- Business Plan Pro, the best-selling business planning software package from Palo Alto Software, is a valuable tool that helps students build winning business plans for their entrepreneurial ideas. The end-of-chapter Business Plan Pro exercises enable students to apply the knowledge they've gained from reading the chapter to using Business Plan Pro. A brief user guide is available in the instructor's manual.
- The Business Disc is a sophisticated experiential learning simulation, which leads students through the steps of planning and managing a small business. Using video vignettes, students interact with scores of real people as they build and operate any kind of business: service, retail or manufacturing. The end-of-chapter Business Disc exercises enable students to link the chapter content to The Business Disc experience.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.