This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
By integrating the basics of legal research, legal analysis and legal writing, this book clarifies the interrelationship of these three competencies and allows readers to experience the total legal research process. Its goal is to provide readers with the basic knowledge and tools needed to research and analyze a legal problem and communicate the results of that research and analysis in different types of legal memoranda. Included in the book are skill-building exercises, sample law book pages and a built-in legal dictionary. This edition features expanded coverage of legal writing, a new chapter on legal correspondence, more on computer assisted legal research, and new appendices that reinforce the integrated approach of the book.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing
Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing covers the legal research process in a practical, skill-building manner by intelligently integrating legal research, legal analysis, and legal writing. This third edition continues to present substantive material and practical research and writing exercises to assist students in developing traditional library skills, a working knowledge of the law library, and basic legal analysis and writing skills.
· Chapter-opening hypothetical situations introduce each chapter topic and encourage students to think about the subject matter in a practical setting.
· Research checklists provide quick, easy-to-read summaries of the material found in the text.
· Can You Figure It Out? features practical exercises at the end of each chapter that give students the opportunity to practice research skills before going to the library.
· Citation Matters introduces one new facet of legal citation in each chapter to develop important citation skills.
· Research assignments and activities at the end of each chapter provide library research problems, analysis exercises, and writing assignments.
· A citation guide, overview of the research process, research strategies outline, memorandum of points and authorities, and appellate brief are all included in the appendices.
New To This Edition
· Expanded coverage of online legal research, includingLexis, Westlaw, and other legal resources on the Internet
· Expanded coverage of basic writing skills and drafting of legal documents
· Chapter 14, Legal Correspondence
· Expanded Appendix A: Research fact patterns now including case documents, such as transcripts and declarations
· Appendix F: partially written case briefs requiring students to fill in blank sections
· Appendix G: supplemental case law for some of the chapter assignments and completion of the case briefs in Appendix F
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 013159480X Brand new book. STUDENT US EDITION. STILL IN PLASTIC WRAP. Never used. Nice gift. Best buy. Shipped promptly and packaged carefully. Seller Inventory # SKU8000267
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M013159480X
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Paperback. Condition: New. 3. Seller Inventory # DADAX013159480X
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-013159480X
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Paperback. Condition: New. 3. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 013159480Xn