Using a strong pathophysiology prototype approach to place drugs in context with how they are used therapeutically, this book gives readers a clearer picture of the importance of pharmacology to disease and ultimately to patient care. This holistic perspective to patient care is organized according to the body systems and diseases with complete information on the drug classifications used to treat the diseases. Easy to follow presentation, extensive pedagogical aids enable students to identify key ideas, understand concepts and apply essential components of anatomy, physiology and pathology relevant to drug therapy. The volume comprehensively covers core concepts in pharmacology, pharmacology and the nurse-patient relationship, the nervous system, the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, the immune system, the gastrointestinal system, endocrine and genitourinary systems, the integumentary system, musculoskeletal system, and eyes/ears.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Prentice Hall Nursing MediaLink DVD-ROM. Packaged with every copy of the textbook, this dynamic DVD-ROM includes:
· Audio Glossary with pronunciations and definitions of every key term in the textbook
· Drug Prototype Audio Pronunciations
· Drug Dosage Calculator
· Nursing in Action video case studies for medication administration
· NCLEX® Review questions that emphasize the application of care and client education related to drug administration
· Mechanism of Action drug animation tutorials for prototype drugs, showing how drug action occurs at the tissue, organ, and system levels. The following animations build upon the drug action discussions from the Prototype Drug boxes in the textbook:
CD-ROM versions of this resource can be purchased at www.MyPearsonStore.com
Companion Website. Serving as an online review to your textbook, this Companion Website includes:
· Additional NCLEX® Review questions with comprehensive rationales
· Pharmacology review activities that test your understanding of the drugs from each chapter, including Classification Reviews, Drug Reviews, Case Studies, and Care Plans
· Dosage Calculation exercises
· Nursing Process Focus charts for drug prototypes
· Preventing Medication Errors review and activities
· Student Success module with advice and activities to help you be a successful nursing student
· And much more
Student Workbook. Your workbook contains a large number and variety of practice questions and learning activities, including fill-ins, matching, multiple choice, case studies, and dosage calculations. MediaLinks refer you to the Prentice Hall Nursing MediaLink DVD-ROM and Companion Website for additional review and application.
Instructor’s Resource Manual. Designed to help faculty plan and manage the pharmacology course, this manual includes:
· Detailed lecture notes with correlations to PowerPoint slides organized by learning objectives
· Suggestions for classroom and clinical activities
· Comprehensive test questions with rationales and mapped to learning objectives
· Assignments using the Companion Website and the Prentice Hall Nursing MediaLink DVD-ROM that accompany the textbook
· A chapter-specific Resource Library identifying images and media resources on the Instructor’s Resource DVD-ROM.
It also includes an Instructor’s Strategies for Success module for faculty that explains Learning Theories, Planning for Instruction, How to Use Effective Pedagogies, Assessing Learning, and more!
Instructor’s Resource DVD-ROM. This DVD-ROM includes all the textbook resources instructors need to teach pharmacology courses:
· Comprehensive PowerPoint Presentation that integrates lecture slides, images, animations, videos, and other resources
· Classroom Response questions set in PowerPoint slides (ask your Prentice Hall representative for more information about hardware to enhance your presentation)
· First Day of Class presentation to show your students how to use this textbook
· Complete Image Gallery in PowerPoint
· Additional Media Resources to enhance your classroom presentations
· TestGen with questions in all NCLEX® formats, including questions mapped to the chapter learning objectives
· Link to the Prentice Hall Instructors Resource Center for additional resources (internet connection required)
Alternate CD-ROM versions of this resource are also available.
OneKey Online Course Management. Prentice Hall OneKey is an integrated online resource that brings a variety of resources together in one convenient place for faculty and students using Blackboard, WebCt, and CourseCompass platforms and provides you with the following:
For Students For Instructors
NCLEX-RN® Review questions Test Item Files
Case Studies PowerPoint Presentations
Care Plan Activities Media Gallery Resources
MediaLinks Discussion Board
Email Communication &nb...About the Author:
About the Authors
Michael Patrick Adams, PhD, RT(R), is the Dean of Health Occupations at Pasco-Hernando Community College. He is an accomplished and national speaker. The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development in Austin, Texas, named Dr. Adams a Master Teacher. He has been registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists for over 30 years. Dr. Adams obtained his Masters degree in Pharmacology from Michigan State University and his Doctorate in Education at the University of South Florida.
Leland Norman Holland, Jr., Ph.D. (Norm) is the Associate Academic Dean and Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida. He is actively involved in teaching and helping student prepare for service in medicine, nursing, dentistry, and allied health.. He has taught pharmacology over the course of 15 years at both the undergraduate and graduate level. He is very much dedicated to the success of students preparing for work-life readiness. He comes to the teaching profession after spending several years doing basic science research at the VA Hospital in Augusta, Georgia and the Medical College of Georgia where he received his Ph.D. in Pharmacology.
Paula R. Bostwick, RN, MSN is the Nursing Department Chair at Ivy Tech Community College in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She has been involved in nursing education for more than 15 years. She has clinical experience in medical-surgical and critical care nursing. She received her Masters of Science in Nursing from Ball State University.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0131756656. Bookseller Inventory # GHT8966TGLC042616H0083A
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0131756656 International Edition Paperback OR Softcover Edition with Same Contents. Fast Delivery. Book Cover and ISBN may be different from the US Edition. Customer satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # INDSKT-9788131723555
Book Description Prentice Hal, Inc,2005, 2005. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0131756656
Book Description Prentice Hal, Inc,2005, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0131756656
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0131756656BNA
Book Description Prentice Hal, Inc,2005, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131756656
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. Soft Cover International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition.Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-190516-123673
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. Soft Cover International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHAK123673
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Paperback International Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-7531
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0131756656 Brand new book. STUDENT US EDITION. STILL IN PLASTIC WRAP. Never used. Nice gift. Best buy. Shipped promptly and packaged carefully. Bookseller Inventory # SKU5000434